There is a wealth of things to see and do during your holiday in Southern Brittany. This region enjoys a mild climate, is rich in places of natural and historical interest and is ideal for sporting and leisure pursuits.
Local Shops near St Quidy
Nearby the holiday cottage are the villages of Plumelin and La Chapelle Neuve which have a bakers and grocers. The towns of Locminé and Baud have supermarkets, and many varied places to eat, from creperies to gourmet restaurants.
Sightseeing in Morbihan
Vannes, the largest town in the Morbihan, is an interesting mediaeval city and one of the ports from which boat trips can be taken to explore the Gulf and the many islands within it. Other towns in the area worth visiting include Lorient, which has many beaches nearby, Josselin with its cobbled streets and imposing castle, Auray with its charming port of St.Goustain, and the beaches at Carnac (with its prehistoric megaliths), Larmor and the Quiberon Peninsula. Another delightful area to visit is the Blavet river, at St. Nicholas des Eaux, towards the town of Pontivy with its large chateau.
Leisure facilities in the Morbihan area include golf (three courses), horseriding, tennis, swimming, sailing and canoeing. This area also offers excellent opportunities for walking and cycling, and there are three fishing rivers nearby.
- Parc de Prehistoire – Dinosaur park – great for children.
- The Megaliths of Morbihan
- Carnac – Where you can visit the ancient megaliths.
- The Beaches at Saint Philibert
- Morbihan Tourism – Site by the Departmental Tourism Committee.
- Quiberon tourism office – Tourist information and accommodation guide to this peninsula.
- Varec’h – Sea kayak and motor boat center in the Golfe du Morbihan. Hiring, kayak courses, adventures for groups.
- The Blavet Valley – Wonderful for cycling and walking holidays
- Cycle hire in the Blavet Valley
- Locminé A lively market town.
- Château Suscinio
- Gulf of Morbihan Superb sailing
Special Holiday in Brittany
We hope you will enjoy your self catering holiday in Brittany, if you have any queries please contact us.
Brittany Sightseeing Gallery
Click here to view an excellent article on attractions in Brittany.